Thursday 17 February 2011

Inaugural post!

Spurred on by the blogs of friends and how this allows me to keep track of their crafty pursuits, I thought it was about time I jumped on the bandwagon. I plan to use the blog to keep track of my knitting, crocheting, sewing, baking and other crafty pursuits. Hopefully friends around the world will enjoy keeping an eye on what i'm up to.

This year is promising to be a busy year for crafting, so seemed an ideal time to start. So far this year I have:-

Made a lovely pair of slippers for my friend Laura (pictures to follow)

Learnt how to handpaint yarn to beautiful effect at the fyberspates studio in Wantage at the lovely Liz's Hen Do.

Made a dress to wear to a wedding.

Started my own self-imposed sock club, inspired by Yarn Harlot's sock club of the same name. Where she picks out all of the patterns and yarns at the start of the year, pairs them up and then chooses one at random at the start of the month, I don't have enough of a sock yarn stash!! I'm choosing as I go along, but do have plans for March and April already. January was a success (post to follow), and February has been a bit of a fail so far, due to realising I wouldn't have enough yarn for the giant man socks.. I'm most of the way through an emergency alternative sock though, and have tried toe-up for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment